Don't worry...I won't tell you my entire life's story. I've started this blog to talk about my fibery pursuits, both personal and business.
I've been preparing for the upcomming fiber festival in a neighboring town- Kid 'N Ewe in Boerne, Texas - for several weeks now. I've got Merino dyed and carded, The Wool Blend dyed and carded, the Romney dyed and mostly carded, and a huge shipment of Corriedale on its way!!
Corriedale is my favorite fiber- soft, not too short, with a moderate sheen, spins easily, and it takes dyes beautifully. The Romney does also, but isn't as soft. I can't wait to play with the Corriedale.
I'm knitting a sampler shoulder shawl, made up as I go, to showcase some of my shop's colorways. I'm up to the knitted on border, which I borrowed from Meg Swansen's lacy Pie Are Square Shawl in Knitting Around (great book). It's funny, but whenever I look at the balck and white photo of her shawl, I always picture it as being red, even though the book says it is brown.
Today I also worked on hand painting some commercially spun soft singles Merino yarn in the Very Berry colorway. It's lovely!! I'll add it to the shop this week, and post a pic here when I figure out how.
No comments:
Post a Comment