Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Friday, September 30, 2005

Sampler Shawl

The sampler shoulder shawl is done and blocking. It looks like it will be 40" across the top, and 24" from top to bottom tip, including the lace border. Now all I need is some cooler weather, and I'm set! Last year I knit many, many shawls, and I can't wait to wear them again.
Her is a close-up of the shawl. I didn't notice until after posting the pic that I had photographed it inside-out : /
The rovings produce a tweedy-looking fabric when knit, rather than a heathered looking fabric. The colorways are, from top to bottom, The Ozarks, Monet's Garden, The Ozarks again, Peacock, and then there is a border in the Very Berry colorway:


The Very Berry Bulky Merino yarn skeins have been added to the shop. I'll be doing a big dye day next week, so look for more hand-painted yarns. I have the bulky single ply merino, and some New Zealand multi-ply wool in an aran weight.

I think I'll spin up some Corriedale in our "Cherry Cobbler" colorway to make Glampyre's One Skein Wonder for my next knitting project.

1 Comments:

At Aug 20, 2023, 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Graveyard Shift Clerk said...

Thanks greatt post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home