Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Saturday, October 01, 2005

UFO Sighting!!

We(DH, Kimi, and I) took a trip to DC this past Summer, and I started the Shoalwater Shawl just before we left so that I'd have an easy lace project to work on while on the plane and subway. Well, I hardly put it down while we were away, but as soon as we returned, I set it aside. I've brought it out of the closet for a picture, and I'm hoping that giving it some attention will rekindle my interest in finishing it, so here it is:



That's Cherry tree Hill's Merino sock weight yarn in the Black Cherry colorway(I think). It is a lovely yarn, and it makes the Old Shale lace pattern look Victorian to me. I'm looking for some words of ecouragement here, so feel free to post 'em.

We're having a friend over for dinner tonight, so it's off to the grocery store I go. Have a wonderful Saturday!!

1 Comments:

At Nov 27, 2005, 7:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl is just lovely. What size needles are you using? I just began mine with Diaketo Diamusse, size 8 needles. I almost want to start over, although I am on row 63, as I really wanted more of a lace effect. I can't wait to see more of your shawl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home