Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dying to Dye

There are 50 jars of dye out there, waiting to be shipped to a very eager me. Needless to say, there isn't as much fiber activity here as I'd like there to be. I could make do with the dyes I have, but no combination of their colors really speaks to me.
I have been knitting my mother's Christmas present. It will be a self-fringing simple garter stitch shawl made of a soft kid mohair yarn that I bought from Brooks Farm Yarn at the Kid 'N Ewe. I saw Mom drooling over the sample shawl they had on display. My friend Tess is also making one for her mother, in a different colorway.
Mom's will be in a lovely lavender/blue/green colorway. Aside from a few knots, this yarn is fantastic, and since the kid mohair can be spit-spliced, the knots were not a big nuisance. I'll post a pic later today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home