Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Natural Medicine

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I'm recovering from a nasty cold. Yestaerday I did nothing but knit.....no housework, no paperwork, no stress.. just knitting and spinning.
Here is a sneak peak at the Bottoms Up Leaf Shawl:


The leaf pattern and scalloped edge will show up better once I block it and pull out the points. I've fully enjoyed knitting it from the bottom up. Normally, when I knit shawls from the top down, I get bored and end up with a shorter than planned shawl, so I decided to design this one in reverse. You knit the longest rows at the beginning when you are most motivated, then it just gets faster as you work up. The pattern will be available through the shop soon, and I may even offer it as a spin and knit kit, and as a knit kit with hand dyed yarn or handspun yarn.

The Kid 'N Ewe was a huge success, and the most fun I've had in some time. I am planning for next year already!!

By the way, I've added the pattern for the Reversible Cabled Scarf to the shop, as well as needle felting kits, which you can see here on this page

2 Comments:

At Nov 10, 2005, 9:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty.
Let us know when the pattern is ready.

 
At Nov 10, 2005, 11:23:00 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Thanks, Anonymous.
I hope to have it within a couple of weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home