Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Post- Holiday Post and 2 FO's!!

I spent the week after Christmas in Engelwood, NJ, visiting with family and playing in New York city. We saw "Fiddler on the Roof", Central Park, Times Square, ate knish, drank lots(too much?) red wine, and had an all-around fabulous time!
Here are picts of some of my fiber-related gifts

This is the knitting software I've been talking about. I'm still studying it, but hope to be "master of the knitting software that I got for Christmas" soon.


The Lovely Lara(the other knitter in the family) and Silly Dave gave me this groovy bag, which has a huge gusseted bottom that allows it to stand to attention when placed on the floor, making for the best knitting bag/purse. I'm one of those who uses the same favorite bag with every outfit until the thing falls apart, and this is my new favorite.

I haven't decided which photos to put in the round picture windows yet...I'm non-commital that way.

This is a skein winder for my Majacraft Little Gem. It fits onto the flyer shaft so that you can wind on yarn using terddle power! You may have noticed that it is not on the wheel....if I can find the little key for releasing the flyer, I'll be able to try it out.


DH gave me the skein winder, software, and this incredible book of lace patterns- the most extensive and well documented I've seen:



Here we have a hand crafted sterling silver shawl pin given to my by my in-laws. It was bought from the Knitter's Review Boutique, and is signed and numbered by the artist. I love it. In the picture I am wearing it with the finished Silk Shawl (the first FO).

Her are better shots of the shawl:



My second Finished Object is another shawl, which I started and finished on our trip. I've posted the Free Pattern for it in the post below! This is the Easy Garter Stitch Shawl: (send me a picture link if you make one)
Image hosted by PicsPlace.to


I hope everyone else had a terrific holiday as well!!

4 Comments:

At Jan 4, 2006, 7:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you like the bag! It comes in other colors if you'd prefer a red or beige. My father's blanket, sadly, has been untouched since we left NJ. Maybe this weekend...What does DH stand for? Lara

 
At Jan 4, 2006, 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Lara, DH stands for Dear Husband (or any other adjective starting with "d" that you care to sub for dear).
Has Dave mastered the spindle yet?

 
At Jan 4, 2006, 1:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. Mastered? Not quite, but we haven't given up yet either! I am so excited about it. I was chatting with a friend about your awesome gift and forwarded her the website. I am super excited all the knitting possibilities! Thanks! Lara

 
At Nov 18, 2009, 12:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home