Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Obsession

For weeks now I've been obsessing over the new Ashford knitter's loom.
Image hosted by PicsPlace.to
I totally don't need another hobby, but the idea of weaving scarves and other projects no larger than 12" in width is just too tempting. I don't know how to weave. I have numerous unfinished projects that need attention, as well as patterns that need to be charted and typed up, but I keep coming back to that darn little loom. I've studied all of the pictures I could find of it over and over, imagined all the great things I could make with it using handspun yarns... Oh, tempting loom with your portability and ability to handle funky and handspun yarns, why do you fill my dreams and waking thoughts like a new lover?

I've fallen in lust like this before. Last summer I nearly bought an old circular sock knitting machine. Socks! I don't even enjoy knitting socks, yet I had imagined adding socks to the shop-all colors and sizes, cotton socks, wool socks, socks made from my handspun yarns. It is a sickness for sure, this fiber obsession. I felt free and relieved when I came to my senses about the sock knitting machine, so I'm waiting for this too, to pass. Did I mention that I can even get it at wholesale since I'm an Ashford dealer? A sickness, I tell you.

In other fiber-y news, I've been working away on the lace edging of my 'smaller than it should be but I got bored with the feather and fan part' Field of Flowers shawl
I'll post a picture when (if) it is done.

3 Comments:

At Jan 5, 2006, 6:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say get the loom! Consider it a New Year's gift to yourself and it could double as furniture! Lara

 
At Jan 5, 2006, 4:43:00 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Okay, this is what I've decided: If I'm still thinking about it at the end of next month, I'll get it as a birthday gift to myself (early Feb. B-day).
Did you ever get your New Year's cards out?

 
At Jan 6, 2006, 6:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No New Year's cards. I might actually get thank you notes out this year...maybe I'll try writing letters to friends and family instead of email. I love getting letters in the mail and it is almost never done anymore! I think your plan for the loom is a good one! Lara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home