Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Coming Up For Air, and Knitting

Yes, I am still here, I've just been sadly lacking in time for knitting and spinning...but, I'm halfway through my course, so I'm going to take a little time to relax and soooo, to make up for the lack of knitting and fiber in my life this last month, I have ordered the following: (I hope my husband doesn't decide to start reading my blog now):

1.)The WEBS
interchangeable bamboo circular knitting needle set. I'm especially excited about this one!!
2. Glampyre Knits' Bulky Cabled Cardi, inspired by my friend Tess's gorgeous cardi. This will be the first sweater that I've knit in years! I've been on this shawl kick for so long now, I think I'm ready for a change. I plan to use some bulky merino yarn by Schoeller Esslinger from my stash. I'd include a pic, but it is too late to take one, so you'll have to wait for an in-progress photo.
3. 2 skeins of Gossamer yarn in pink with pink sparke.
4. This pattern for the pink shimmery yarn.

I think that is it. For spinning, I've ordered some silk noil, which I hope to dye and blend with some other fibers.
The knitting will be slow since I am a slow knitter, and I do still have a couple of months left with this course.
My husband and I will be taking a trip to Miami next month. It's a business trip (medical/retina practice management seminar), but our first weekend away from our little one, so I'm really looking forward to it. Grandma will be watching my wee princess, so I feel fine with that part of things.

I'll try to post more regularly. If I ever post a picture of yarn or fiber that you'd like to buy, but I don't get around to adding it to the shop, feel free to email me about it and I'll send you an invoice if you decide to buy.
Thanks for the emails asking if I'm okay- I've just been busy trying to learn a whole lot of new information to help my husband set up a private practice. Once we get that going, life should be back to normal for me.

1 Comments:

At Mar 13, 2006, 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

That shawl is beautiful! I am glad you are purchasing things for yourself. You've got to take care of you! You work hard enough and deserve a treat now and then (I tell myself this all too often.)
I am back to work today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home