Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Hot Out There

Temp's are lingering around the 100 degree mark...needless to say I'm staying in these days. I haven't done a lick of hand-knitting since my circular sock knitting machine (CSM) arrived...never thought be able to relate to machine knitters. I'd always believed that hand-knitters and machine-knitters came from 2 different camps, but most of the people using these antique machines are also handkntters, and there are quite a few spinners and weavers in the camp, too.
One difference between them and me is that I've not really made any socks!! The designer in me is having too much fun manipulating shapes on the thing to spend time making the obvious sock!
I made this on Sunday:

I know-it's not a lace shawl, but it was fun to make. Inspired by the lovely Estonian puppets on the cover of the latest Spin-Off issue, I shaped it by making a 2-thumbed mittten with a heel throw in. Just in case you can't tell, it is a gecko.
My goal: to make a shawl on the CSM. I am just kidding of course...or am I

3 Comments:

At Jun 20, 2006, 5:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE GECKO!
lara

 
At Jun 20, 2006, 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Love the gecko...but I'm always afraid they are going to try and sell me insurance. We've been having some heat in the northeast as well, but nothing quite like what you are experiencing!

 
At Jun 21, 2006, 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, your hand crank sock knitting machine is fascinating. I've never seen one before. No wonder you wanted it! And it even came with a video? Where would I find such a thing? What fun to be creative with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home