Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The New Louet Victoria

A few of you have asked, and I finally have some info on the Louet Victoria which is to be released in November.
First, the pictures (from Louet):


Now the specs (also from Louet):
It is approx. 1 and 1/2 feet high when set up, and folds(see pics) to 22'X14"X5.5", weighing just 7.7 pounds(wheel itself)!
It is a double treadle, scotch tension wheel with ratios varying from 1:6 to 1:14. Later on a high speed set for ratio’s higher than 1:20 will be developed. It comes complete with its own carrying bag. This bag can be carried as a hand bag, a shoulder bag or a back pack. It also contains a lazy kate with two extra bobbins. The overall weight is 5.2 kg (11 lbs- I take it they mean this is the wheel plus all bobbins and accessories that ship with it) and cost is expected to be $550.00 to $595.00. Very cool! If you'd like to pre-order, I am taking orders with a non-refund-able $100.00 down payment, or you can pay in full and I'll adjust as needed depending on the final retail price (which, as always for my shop, includes shipping).
I set up my booth today- it looked great by the time we (my 3 year old "helped out") were done with it. I'm sorry I've been such a sporadic blogger...I guess I've been side-tracked by the booth. Now that it is done, I can leisurely add to its inventory and this will hopefully free me up to blog more often.

1 Comments:

At Jun 29, 2006, 9:01:00 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Good job getting the booth ready and for finding cheap "help!" ;) Also a good photo of the new wheel. Did you take it or is it a promo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home