Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Whether or not the weather will allow the Farmer's Market to happen today is uncertain.

One minute the sun is shining, the next it is raining! Even if the sun prevails, I'm afraid it may be pretty muddy, so I'll wait to decide if I'm going until later this afternoon.


Last night we sat out on the cul-de-sac (we have a picnic table out there) with our neighbors, drinking wine and watching the children play. We are so lucky to have such a great social setting for Kim.... and for us, too.

The sun seems to be taking over the sky now, so I'm going to get ready for the market. The vast amount of rain we've had this year has been great for my little herb garden....even the Lavender I planted from seed is growing!! I can, for once, use the word "lush" to describe the plants in our yard. The beauty of rain in our part of the country is that it often only comes at night and in the early morning hours, so we get the benefits of the rain without the activity-inhibiting part. Gotta love that!


I made a new soap this week. Since it won't be ready for a couple of weeks(it has to finish curing), I've decided to introduce it in June, and to try and introduce a new soap each month. I'm even toying with the idea of a "Soap of the Month Club".

Another post without a picture would be too dreary, so here are some photos from the personal album:
Easter on the Cul-De-Sac


2 Comments:

At May 26, 2007, 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Hope the weather holds for you! We started off nice and sunny today (but very humid) and now it is looking like rain. I'm guessing that Mommy and Daddy Sheep's cookout today will be more of an indoor affair. Except the part where Daddy Sheep is out in the rain manning the grill...

Have a great weekend!

 
At May 29, 2007, 6:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound so content! whoo-hoo!
Lara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home