I've been Tagged
Annie has tagged me for the "Name 6 wierd things about yourself" thing, so here it goes:
“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”
1. I had perfect attendance for all 4 years high school, and was voted "Most Studious". I also had perfect attendance my last 3 years of college. Despite this, I've managed to be called "hippy" rather than "nerd" throughout those years by many people whom I'm close to.
2. I have an obsessive personality. This hasn't been professionally diagnosed, but I know myself pretty well. I' don't wash my hands all day long (did that enough when working as a nurse), but I obsess over my crafty projects to the point of ignoring housework and my personal relationships (other knitters may not think this is wierd). This explains the first part of #1 on this list, as studying how-to and pattern books has been one of my lifelong obsessions.
3. I only cut my hair 1 or 2 times a year. This explains the "hippy" part of #1 on this list. Note: Every year I vow to better keep up with my hair cuts, but my crafty obsessions get in the way.
4. I've never had a pedicure, nor a manicure. This only reinforces the hippy thing (see "Not"e under #3 above).
5. I was a vegan teen in the early and mid 80's. Trust me... this was wierd in the town I grew up in. Are you starting to see a trend here?
6. With the exception of the obsessive thing (and that is a big one) I don't think I'm wierd, or a hippy. I like to think of myself as earthy, but I'm not nearly as earthy as I aspire to be, and it has more to do with conserving resources than with haircuts. This isn't wierd.
Now I need to tag some people so they, too, can experience a soul-searching sleepless night (or was that just me?). I don't think I have 6 people to tag, but I'll try.
Tess (We miss your blog).
Lara (miss you, too)
That is all I've come up with. Have fun with it!