Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Friday, October 06, 2006

One Sheep, Two Sheep

As there has been minimal progress on the Marvelous Mitten as well as on the Argyle Vest, I didn't expect to be bloging today. Then, I checked my mail.
Recently I mad a swaping deal with Sheepish Annie (I know I got the better end of the deal). I sent her some sock yarn that I wasn't likely to ever use, and in return I got much more:

She sent lots of goodies from the incredibly beautiful sate of Maine. My 4 year old has already claimed the keychaine as her own. Maine is a state that I've always wanted to visit but never had the opportunity to do so. Now I feel like an honorary tourist!! She sent postcards, a copy of "Yankee" magazine so that I can see all the great spots to hit on my imagined vacation, a tourist's pin to declare to all that I have (even if only in my dreams) visited Maine, and what every knitter who is virtually visiting Maine shouldn't be without: a Maine embossed tape measure. Sheepish even included not 1 but 2 pictures of her lovely self.(You did say I could do what I want with them, Annie.) It seems that her employer has gifted her with the SuperMega photo package this year, so she is sending a pic to anyone and everyone she has an address for. I asked for 2 as I have a plan for them (more on that another day). Have you ever sent her anything? If so,you too may soon be receiving a copy of her '06/07 photo. But best of all in the package was this:

a hand knit, by Annie, cotton dishcloth. It brings life to my otherwise earth-toned knitchen, and I love it. It makes me want to knit one of those spiral baby blankets or shawls.
Sheepish Annie, you totally rock! Thanks for the smiles and gifts.

1 Comments:

At Oct 6, 2006, 6:22:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I'm so glad that everything made it unscathed! Happy dishwashing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home