Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Sunday, July 30, 2006

As the Lathe Turns

No, I didn't drown in the river, I just haven't had much to post about. I'm working on a new tri-loom shawl, and am about halfway through. I've also been playing with my lathe. I'm trying to re-create an 18th century drop spindle that I saw a picture of once. Progress is slow, but I'm feeling determined, so hopefully I'll have a finished spindle to show in a couple of weeks. My lathe tools are in serious need of sharpening, so I've ordered a sharpening system and should be making more progress once my tools are in better shape.
I had a big sale on my undyed fiber locally, and it went pretty well. I hope that once school satrts back up I'll be able to sell things at the booth without having to put them on sale! They've asked me to do another ddemo soon, but I think I'll wait until the weather cools down, which around here won't be until November.
I'm off to clean the wood shavings out of my sandals.

1 Comments:

At Jul 30, 2006, 7:27:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Knitting, spinning, loom-building, wood-turning...good Lord, is there nothing you can't do???? I am beyond impressed. Can't wait to see the results on the spindle. I don't love spinning with them, but I have a couple because I think they are beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home