Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth!


My neighbors/friends to the left and I decorated ourt children's bikes and had a good old fashioned "Fourth of July Bike Parade" around our cul-de-sac.

I've made a bit of progress on the tri-loom. I hope to have it ready for use by the weekend, but that may be a bit ambitious. Sheepish Annie suggested that I try a nailgun, and for a few minutes I got excited about the prospect of getting all those nails in with a pull of the trigger (I even started a Google serach) until I remembered something: no nailguns are allowed in our home as DH has had to sew up more than a few eyeballs (not anyone we know) after nails were thrust into them by such guns. I've always wanted one, though, but I have to respect DH's feelings about them since he is really supportive of my fiber activities, and is truly concerned about nailgun dangers. We also don't own any bungy-cords...yes, they tend to spring back and insert their gigantic hooks into the eyes of unsuspecting users. Those ratchet style cords work pretty well and are much safer.
On a happier note, it is raining!! We have been on water restrictions for a month or so, so the rain is more than welcomed. It is all dark and stormy out, and I love it.

3 Comments:

At Jul 6, 2006, 3:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't she just look adorable! Sounds like a fun fourth! I wish you lived closer and you could borrow one of our (many) nail guns. You could have some of our rain, too...We have gotten an incredible amount. Basement flooded. Roof leaked. One step forward, two steps back...ahhh.
Hope you are well.
Lara

 
At Jul 7, 2006, 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Yeah...come to think of it my brother once secured himself to a friend's shed with a nailgun. (by his thumb, no less) I tend to forget these things. Love the bike parade! I remember doing that as a kid. Great fun!

 
At May 26, 2023, 9:18:00 AM, Anonymous Gluten Free Recipes said...

Loved reading this thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home