Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Sunday, July 02, 2006

What was I Thinking?

As promised, photos of my progress on the tri-loom:

Looks pretty good, until you take a closer look:

That is a corner with, oh, 35 or so nails..OUT OF 500 PLUS.. that I need to hammer into the frame. It took me about 3 hours to get those nails in, so I may have a loom by the end of the month if I ignore the laundry, children, and meal times. I made the mistake of choosing a very hard wood, not realizing that nails do not like to be pounded into very hard woods. The drill only seems to slow things down. Can you hire people to hammer nails into looms? The $200.00 I was avoiding having to spend on a manufactured loom seems negligible now.
Oh well, it did get my mind off of NIcaragua for a while, and that was the whole point, right?

1 Comments:

At Jul 3, 2006, 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh. My. God. Can you use a nail gun? I think you can set them to a certain depth. Of course that may end up costing more than just buying the completed loom and you won't have the satisfaction of a job well done, but...Oh. My. God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home