Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tool and School Talk...and Nostepinde Eye Candy!

I did the first of many to come once-a-weekers in my daughter's school library. They had me re-shelve books, make bookmarks, and log in returned books, which isn't so simple when the computer system is down! I had fun, but did feel a bit lost at first. Oh, and we had a fire drill!!
In sort of fiber news, I photographed the spinning tools I've been making:

They are all for sale, and here are descriptions from left to right:
1) Nostipinde made of red oak- this one fits well in smaller hands as it is thin-handled. $14.00
2) Nostipinde made of Sugar Maple- I love the curvaceous bottom. $18.00
3) Nostipinde made of Purple Heart-this one is good for large hands as the handle is a full one! $18.00
4) Nostipinde of Alder wood-has a nice feel to it, with lines burned into the wood to emphasize the cuts. $18.00
5) Nostipinde made of Chicarella- I love how the character of this wood showed through in the final piece. This is my
husband's favorite. $20.00
6) Nostipinde with 1" sett gauge (WPI tool) built in to handle, made of Red Oak- simple lines. $18.00
7) Sett Gauge (WPI Tool) made of Mahogany - has both 1" and 2" gauges. $16.00
The noste's measure between 10" and 11" in length.
You can email me at: sheila (at) eweniquefiber (dot) com
using no spaces and replacing (at) and (dot) with their symbols. Shipping is $5.00 for Priority Mail to anywhere in the US, and I can take Paypal.

1 Comments:

At Aug 29, 2006, 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Nice woodworking there! Aren't fire drills the best?! One minute you're just hanging out, having a regular kind of day and the next you get to be outside! Good times...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home