Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

An almost Finished Object!

I've finished weaving my second tri-loom shawl:(the left side of the pic is distorted by the sunlight)

I'd lost motivation to work on it when I realized that, to me at least, it looked more like a blanket than a shawl. Then my mother showed interes in it, so I decided to finish it for her. Once I resumed work on it, the weaving went quickly. I still need to add the fringe, and then I can start a new one. I'll probably do a herringbone pattern in 2 colors, or maybe a shawl with small blocks of autumnal colors.
In the world of wood, I've been making more spinning tools. I really enjoy working on the lathe. I'll post a picture when I have more to show.

2 Comments:

At Aug 16, 2006, 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Wow!!! That looks great! Now wasn't it worth pounding all those nails??

 
At Aug 17, 2006, 7:24:00 PM, Blogger Lara said...

You put me to shame. I am STILL working on the shawl from jury duty (ahem...march!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home