Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Friday, August 11, 2006

Progress, progress

Well, I haven't managed to make an 18th century reproduction one-piece spindle on my lathe that I'm completely pleased with, but I have made a few other tools, like a WPI tool, 2 garden dibbles (used for making and measuring holes when planting seeds), and some smaller practice pieces too. Here is the WPI tool, made of mahogany:

Next I'll make a matching nostepinde and orifice hook for a complete set.
My youngest daughter started school last week, and I've signed up to help out at her school. As an RN, I get to work in the Health Office when needed, and today I was asked if I could sub in mid September. I'm pretty excited about it. I'll be helping with screenings in October, and hopefully doing more subbing and assisting throughout the year. Imagine, me- a school nurse (well, a substitute).

3 Comments:

At Aug 12, 2006, 6:46:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of education! Where else can you get such fine, fine cafeteria food? Trust me...hospital food is usually better. ;) I love the sett gauge. The finish is fabulous!

 
At Aug 14, 2006, 6:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Sheila is back blogging! Beautiful work, Sheila! I hope that you will love being back in the school setting! Enjoy.

 
At Aug 28, 2006, 11:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that WPI gauge us fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home