Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lots of FO's

I've been just aweful about blogging, so I'll try and make it up to my rapidly dwindling in numbers regular readers by showing you some pretty finished objects.
Remember the black and tan twill tri-loom shawl that I was working on? Here it is completed:

I love this shawl! It is a 50/50 blend of wool and alpaca, so it is warm and soft.
Next I made a pair of Estonian/Norwegian/Latvian inspired mittens:

They are my favorite finshed object of the year. I used a chocolate sock yarn for the main color, and a variegated sock yarn for the contrasting color, and sort of combined various shaping and pattern ideas from Elizaeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac, Nancy Bush's Folk Knitting in Estonia, and Lizbeth Upitis' Latvian Mittens. These mittens fit like a glove, and I can't decide if I like the front or the back best.
I also finished and gifted the baby bonnet from the Last Minute Knitted Gifts pattern:

Not my best work, but the baby's mother seemed to genuinely like it, and she's since taken a real interest in my knitting.
I've now started working on the Deep V Argyle Vest from Eunny Knits

I absolutely love working this pattern, and the colors I chose make me smile frequently. As Eunny says, the argyle pattern is "intuitive", and I've hardly even had to look at the chart!
Okay, so maybe that wasn't "lots" of finished objects, but this is the most I've had to show in some time. My passion for knitting has returned with an intensity that has me pouring over books and patterns and drooling over color cards and swatching like never before. I may be anti-social and obsessed right now, but I'm happy.

3 Comments:

At Oct 1, 2006, 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Holy Smokes!!! No wonder you don't have time to blog...you've finished more since your last post than I've done all year!!! Watch the mail, btw. I'm finally sending out your package.

Your comment tonight on my blog got me laughing so hard I had to take more cough medicine...rest up!

 
At Oct 2, 2006, 6:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippie-Sheila is back! I've missed reading about what you are up to. Now I can SEE what you have been up to. WOW! You sound really happy! Lara

 
At Oct 3, 2006, 7:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at all that stuff! I LOVE the mittens, especially all that cuff detail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home