Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's Getting Chilly Outside

I finished my younger daughter's mittens last week, and she seems happy with them (it can be hard to tell with 4 year olds).

Now I'm working on a pair of my own design..well, maybe more of my own assemblage:

Some of you might recognize the yarn...yes, it is the Deep Argyle Vest yarn, but don't worry.... I have enough for both projects. This mitten is so pretty, and I haven't blocked it, nor added a thumb. They will be a gift for someone later this year, but I can't say for whom. (Can you feel the suspense?)
I used my handy knitwear design software to chart them:

Isn't that cool?
Once I finish these mitts, I'll sart on my next holiday knitting project:
take a look
http://www.beaellisknitwear.com/originals.html#hats
I'll be making all the small people on my gift list hand-knit hats. I can't wait to start. Two kits have been ordered and are on their way to my home!!

2 Comments:

At Oct 24, 2006, 7:02:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, your daughter's mittens are just adorable!!! Do they go with her new dishcloth? ;)

I also love the new design. Those colors just "work," dontcha know!

 
At Oct 25, 2006, 6:52:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

The mittens look great! Maybe I'll make scarves for the small people on my Christmas list. We should coordinate colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home