Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Monday, October 16, 2006

Got Nuts?

My now 4 year old asked for a pair of mittens (ok, maybe I asked her if she'd like a pair), and SHE chose the colors and pattern from choices that I presented her. I'm happy to report that she chose Hello Yarn's free squirrel mitten pattern.
I made a few changes in construction, but am keeping as much of the adorable graphics as I can.

Using a finer gauge yarn and needles than the pattern called for gave me a mitten samll enough for her hand. I'm also making them from the top down, ala Anna Zilboorg, and I've replaced the date with her initials to help her put them on the right hand more easily and to help keep track of them should they be left behind at a friend's house or school.
The back is as pretty as the front:

Thanks for the fun pattern, Adrian!
I've been hiking on school days after dropping my DD off in the morning. The slightly cooler weather is perfect for it, and the air smells so fresh and wonderful in the hills, so I'm in heaven when I'm out there!

2 Comments:

At Oct 16, 2006, 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Oh, how cute!!! She'll be the best dressed gal on the playground. Nice work!

 
At Oct 17, 2006, 6:57:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Those are adorable! I wish I were hiking with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home