Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Monday, October 09, 2006

One Down, None To Go

The first Marvelous Mitten is done.

It hasn't been blocked, and I don't plan to make its partner. The Alpaca, while buttery soft in the finished mitten, was just to hard to knit with at such a tight gauge. My finger joints still ache from the knitting. I've decided that wool is best for mittens.
In other news, I found this crawling along near the kitchen this morning:

Yep, it's a scorpion, and it was inside the house. We do find them occasionally, but they are normally dead or nearly dead when found. This guy is alive and kicking. I guess they're just one of the perils of living in the Texas Hill Country.
There hasn't been much work done on the Argyle vest...I want to knit mittens, and only mittens. I'm sure I'll put some time into the vest once I get the mitten knitting out of my system.

3 Comments:

At Oct 9, 2006, 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

OMG,OMG,OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I will now go make peace with the spiders and the ants. They are minor inconveniences compared to a scorpion.

Sorry about the mitten It's pretty, though...

 
At Oct 9, 2006, 7:32:00 PM, Blogger Lazuli said...

A scorpion? How frightening!

Your mitten looks simply amazing! Wow, I doubt I'd have the patience for a fair isle mitten. That's so sad it won't have a mate! Could you make one out of wool in similar colors? Or in a month or two when your hands have forgotten the ouch?

 
At Oct 10, 2006, 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

I guess I should stop complaining about the mice I can't get rid of (part of the problem is that my DH won't let me kill them...not that I really want them dead - just gone from my house)

The mitten is amazing! I never would have gotten that far. Could you turn it into a potholder? Bolster up the pads? Then you'd still get to use it! It might be too warm, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home