Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Saturday, January 06, 2007

A Time to Sit, a Time to Type

Whew! The holidays were a whirlwind, and I'm glad to be in January.
The ski hats were all (6!) finished just in time to give to their grateful recipients, who seemed to really like them.
I loved seeing family at Christmas.
New Year's Eve was nice, but New Year's Day brought an unexpected sadness to my family that is too personal to get into, but if you pray in any way, please send some this way. Thanks.
I haven't done any knitting since the last ski hat was finished. Instead I've been working on another long-time love....making herbal concoctions! Doesn't that sound fun? Over the years I've made ointments for various things like dry cracked skin, contact dermatitis, babies' diaper rashes, etc. Two years ago I began suffering from bunion pain (not fun for a hiker), and last year I made a balm, Bunion Balm, to relieve my foot pain. It worked, and I've decided to sell it. It is all natural, all vegan, and full of good things like Shea Butter and essential oils. I'm just waiting for my balm jars to come, and then I'll let you know when I add it to the shop for purchase. I'm also going to sell other balms that I've made and used, and some hand-made soaps that have worked beautifully for my family.
I should have taken a photo of the hats before wrapping them, but I was in too much of a rush to think of it.
My husband and in-laws gave me supplies for making soy candles, so I've also been playing around with those.
I hope each of you had a wonderful holiday break.

1 Comments:

At Jan 6, 2007, 2:28:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Will be watching for the new products! How exciting!! I wanted to try soapmaking a couple of years ago, but had difficulty obtaining the lye. (illegal to purchase in Maine and mail order was too much trouble for what seemed like a passing hobby...)

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you and hoping that all things resolve themselves in a good way. Not such a good way to start a new year...hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home