Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Friday, June 29, 2007

Let the Sun Shine!

We've had so much rain this week. Normally we are dealing with water restrictions at this time of year, so road closures due to flooding are unusual for June, to say the least. The sun is out, I just finished a tough workout, and I'm feeling fine!


I've joined a knitalong: The Kauni KAL!
I haven't done a KAL in years, so we'll see how this goes. Steeks are involved, and that is the main reason why I've joined. I've done little steeks on practice swatches, but never on a real garment.
My yarn for the Kauni cardigan should be arriving next week, and I've ordered the Kauni EQ colorway, which is the rainbow colorway that the pattern was written with. I considered using a different colorway, but the color changes are much more interesting with the rainbow colors, so EQ it was.

Next month's new soap has been made and is curing. I actually made it last week, and I'll post it in mid July when it is cured and ready to go.

I'm secretly hoping that my yarn comes today, but since it is coming from this shop in Denmark, I'm probably just setting myself up for dissapointment....but one can be hopeful!

2 Comments:

At Jun 30, 2007, 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

I usually don't do too well with knit-alongs. I've successfully managed to finish one. But I love participating vicariously with others! Looking forward to seeing how Kauni comes along.

 
At Jul 2, 2007, 7:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever stop? I am so impressed with all the things you do! We got the pictures. Thanks!
Hope you are well. Lara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home