Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rosebud Handmade Soap Added to Shop!

The new soap is all ready to go:

Rosebud Soap soap has the creamiest lather I've ever felt! I owe it to the rose hip powder. Dried rose petals are sprinkled on top for effect, but you can just brush them off before you hop in the shower, or leave them on if you're lucky enough to be heading for the bathtub.

I have also added wooden soap dishes to the shop. I have had several requests for these since I often suggest to people that they use a draining soap dish with handmade soap...it truly prolongs the life of the bar if you keep it from sitting in water. I love the simple lines of the dish, which is made from one piece of Juniper.

I was down with a fever (yep, I caught the fever bug), so what did I do with all that down time? I started a new knitting project, of course!

This will be a pattern for the shop (the only part of Ewenique Fiber that remains is the pattern page).

Summer has finally set in, and I'm already missing the cooler days. The Lavender I planted this year is looking fantastic, and I've ordered a book on Lavender growing in this part of Texas, so hopefully my little herb garden will continue to grow.
It is time for bed, and having spent the day catching up on all the neglected house and business duties of the last few days, I am ready for this day to end!

2 Comments:

At Jun 13, 2007, 7:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! The soap looks amazing...can't wait to order some!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Lara

 
At Jun 13, 2007, 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

That soap looks lovely! And I'll bet that it smells heavenly.

Hope you're feeling much, much better and that you'll be back on track soon. Nothing worse than a neglected house...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home