Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kauni progress, and Free Knitting Pattern

I don't have a lot of progress to show, but here it is:

I used a twisted german cast on, which is supposed to keep rolling of the cast-on edge to a minimum, but as you can see it is still curling. Blocking should fix that; after all, as a Sheep once said, "Blocking is a girl's best friend"!

In other news, I ve added another free knitting pattern to the shop's knitting pattern page:

The Fingerless Cabled Mitts. I wrote this pattern for Margaret at Inspirations Yarn back in 2005, and she has decided to offer it as a free pattern now, so there it is. I made my pair with her handpainted "Latte" Merino yarn, and just love them.

DH's phone broke this past weekend, so he (we came along) spent the better part of today (and this weekend ) agonizing over whether or not to get an iPhone. I'm tired of looking at phones, and iPhones, and phone/PDA's....I just want to sit on my couch and knit for a while. The Kauni Cardigan a fun knit, rather addicting, really, as you eagerly knit to see what the next color change will look like. My colors are not contrasting sharply, which I guess is what I wanted, but it would be fun to see orange against blue, or green against prurple. I've heard of people frogging to change the way the colors blend, but I think I'll leave it as is for now. Muted is good, muted is good, muted is good......

2 Comments:

At Jul 11, 2007, 9:24:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Yay for blocking and for free patterns! I love the gloves. Very pretty. The yarn is really just beautiful.

I'd go for the iphone. You only live once, right?

 
At Jul 12, 2007, 6:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful!
Did he get the iphone?
Lara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home