Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Monday, July 09, 2007

Kauni Yarn, Wound Up at Last

I lived one of my worst yarn-mares: the tangling of the skein during ball-winding! With a lot of time, perseverance, and some carefully chosen expletives spoken under my breath (littlest one was here), I was able to weave my way through knots, broken yarn, and poorly skeined strands to bring you:

The Kauni yarn balls.
It was actually only the first skein that was a mess. The second sailed through my fingers, and I had to use my Yoga talents to conitue winding through the burn in my bicep....my face was soft and non-reactive, I tell ya!

That little 3rd ball is the yarn I wound off so that my color repeats would be 1 color apart from ball to ball. I'm not completely sure that will work (mine is not an engineer's brain) but it makes sense to me to do it that way, so far.

I'll update as I progress (or digress as the case may become) through this project.

2 Comments:

At Jul 9, 2007, 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Sounds like the Lorna's Laces nightmare I went through a couple of weeks ago. Baaaaad words were said.

But it was worth the effort, it seems. That is some very, very pretty yarn! It looks like candy!

 
At Jul 10, 2007, 6:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I can't wait to see the progress. I haven't been knitting (or blogging) very much lately. I am getting inspired though...Lara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home