Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Monday, January 07, 2008

A Happy New Year

I'm back from the trenches. It was a busy, and fun, holiday season for Tread Lightly Herbals. I entered several shows from Oct. through December, and since it was my first year selling soap through shows, I didn't know what to expect. Did I have enough inventory? Too much? As it turns out, I had made enough soap afterall, but just barely! The most memorable show was The Wolfson Christmas House, a beautiful Victorian mansion in downtown San Antonio that opens to shoppers for 1 week in November. It's fantastical with all the handmade gifts and holiday scents and decorations. They even had a quartet playing holiday tunes on the porch. I made friends with several fellow venders, and hope to participate again next year.

In personal news, we spent a week in New Jersey/ New York, and even made it to Times Square for New Year's Eve. I saw Phantom of the Opera, The Nutcracker, and visited a few museums in the city, too. Fun times....

I can now work on making soap...lots and lots of soap. My next big show is The Lavender Festival in April, but with Valentine's Day coming, I really do need to get soaping. By the way, I've added gift certificates to the online shop. You can read about them here.

2 Comments:

At Jan 7, 2008, 7:08:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Hi, there! Good to hear from you. It sounds like you've been crazy busy! I'm glad you had such a great holiday and were so successful with the show. Nice job, there.

Happy New Year!

 
At Jan 16, 2008, 4:06:00 PM, Blogger jenifleur said...

I'm just dropping by to let you know I made your Inga hat pattern, which I found on Ravelry, and I loved it. Excellent pattern! Thank you very much for posting it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home