Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I'm so anxious to start on the bulky cable sweater. I've ordered these buttons for it:
Image Hosting by PicsPlace.to

I'm still waiting on the yarn, oh yeah, I decided not to use the stash yarn, so I ordered some Cascade 109 tweed in burnt orange!! I can't wait.

I could work on the green lace mobius wrap, but my ability to concentrate on anything other than my class material has been shot.

So I wait, and wait some more. Of course, I'm doing all kinds of other things like reading, writing essays, playing with my daughter, etc, but really....I'm waiting for that big brown truck full of lovely fiber goodness and bamboo needles.

3 Comments:

At Mar 14, 2006, 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Tess said...

Hehe I know how it feels to be waiting for a package. That was me last week when I was waiting for an Elann order. Luckily their shipping is fast and it took only three days. About your question on the collar, are you refering the the button band? I'm not sure if you got the pattern yet but it states that you will pick up stitches along the front to form the button band. The pattern then directs to knitting in St st for the band which initially I did and found it odd looking (ie curled up) so I redid the band in garter stitch and have been real pleased with the results. Can't wait to see you get started on yours. BTW your buttons look great.

 
At Mar 16, 2006, 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Lara said...

It is great to have you bloggin again! I've felt so out of touch!
I can't wait to see the sweater - sounds beautiful.

 
At Mar 16, 2006, 1:56:00 PM, Blogger Tess said...

Another thing I changed was the cables. In the photo on Glampyres site she has the cables going a certain way. Then when I saw other ppl blogs who knit the sweater it was going the opposite way. So I just reversed the cables (hope this makes sense, you'll see when you get to the cable part)in the directions so that they would look like Stef's original design. It isn't a big deal how you knit it, I just liked the original better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home