Ewenique Fiber- The Blog

Knitting and Natural Soapmaking

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Looms, The Looms!

I'm in the home-stretch with the triangle-loom building. The nail hammering just wasn't happening, so I yanked the nails out and began drilling holes for pegs. Drilling is so much more enjoyable than hammering.
The pegs were more expensive than the nails, but my cost for the whole project is still under $75.00, so I'm pleased!
I did a spinning demo at Homestead Handcrafts (the place where I'm selling my fiber goods) today. I had planned to do more spindle spinning than wheel spinning, but the spindle gods were not with me today, so the wheel and I danced our dance. As is usually the case with demos, there were more lookers than buyers, but I had fun talking with people about wool, spinning, knitting, etc. How can you beat a gig like that?

1 Comments:

At Jul 10, 2006, 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said...

Yeah, but those lookers are so often the ones who end up being buyers after the idea "marinates" a bit. Or maybe that was just me... My loom obsession seems to be "looming" again. If I see a demo for that I am in serious trouble!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home